Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation Year End Review 2022 - PIB - 28/12/22
Recently, the year-end-review of the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) & Swachh Bharat Mission - Grameen (SBM - G) for the year 2022 was released.
-->Key Achievements of the JJM:
1. Coverage Under Jal Jeevan Mission: As on 21st December 2022, under the Jal Jeevan Mission, more than 10.76 Crore (55.62 %) of rural households are being provided with tap water connection in adequate quantity, of prescribed quality on a regular basis.
2. Har Ghar Jal Certification: Once a village is declared as “Har Ghar Jal”, the Gram Panchayat of that village conducts a special Gram Sabha and passes a resolution with the concurrence of all the village members that all the households, schools, Anganwadi, and public institutions in their village have functional tap connection and thus declare themselves as “Har Ghar Jal Certified”.
3. Coverage of Potable Tap Water to JE-AES Affected Districts: The government of India accords priority to Japanese Encephalitis (JE)-Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) affected Districts to ensure potable tap water supply in all the households under Jal Jeevan Mission.
4. Status of Water Quality Monitoring and Surveillance: There are a total of 2,074 water testing laboratories in the country. Of these, 1,005 are National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL) accredited.
5. Implementation Support Agencies (ISAs): The States/ UTs are extending support to the Panchayats by engaging Implementation Support Agencies (ISAs) to facilitate constitution of Village Water Sanitation Committee (VWSC), under participatory rural appraisal for community mobilization, support in preparing Village Action Plan and carry out activities post infrastructure construction.
6. National WASH Expert: National Centre for Drinking Water, Sanitation, and Quality has been entrusted with the task of empanelment and deployment of National WASH Experts for ground truthing and technical assistance to States in the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM).
7. Grievance Redressal Mechanism: Grievance Redressal Cell has been constituted in the Department to address the grievances related to the water supply. People are lodging their complaint through the Centralized Public grievances Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS).
For any queries, monthly magazines, reviews, please contact on [email protected]