1st e-WASTE CLINIC IN BHOPAL- THE HINDU
• Country’s first e-waste clinic is being opened in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
• It would enable segregation, processing and disposal of waste from both household and commercial units.
• The e-waste clinic will be inaugurated by the Union Environment Secretary in a short while now. The Chairman of the Central Pollution Control Board will also grace the occasion.
• The e-waste clinic is jointly setting up by the Central Pollution Control Board-CPCB and Bhopal Municipal Corporation-BMC.
• The e-waste clinic is being started on the basis of a three-month pilot project.
• If this project is successful, e-waste clinics will be established at other places in the country.
• BMC official informed that electronic waste will be collected door-to-door or could be deposited directly at the e-waste clinic.
• The CPCB will provide technical support to the clinic.
• The most interesting aspect of e-waste clinic is that the clinic has been prepared in junk low floor bus.