Jal Jeevan Mission best tableau R-day- PIB-28-01-2020
• The magnificent tableau of the Ministry of Jal Shakti, highlighting the Government’s new initiative ‘Jal Jeevan Mission’ which aims at providing Functional Household Tap Connection to every rural household by 2024, has been adjudged the best tableau, jointly with the NDRF tableau. Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh awarded the best tableau award to the Jal Jeevan Mission tableau in a gracious and befitting ceremony here today.
• This tableau depicting the HarGhar Jal vision of the Prime Minister, was one of the central attraction of this year’s Republic Day Parade. In his Independence Day address, last year the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi announced launch of Jal Jeevan Mission to provide potable water in adequate quantity and prescribed quality on regular basis to every rural household by 2024.
• Currently, only 33 million out of around 178 million rural households in the country have facility of piped water connection and hence approximately 146 million households are to provided with household tap connections by 2024 under JJM. The winner tableau’s front design was in the shape of a huge metallic tap and a pot made of metallic pots, representing millions of rural households.
• The middle section showcased how a rural household in ‘New India’ benefits under JJM. A household was shown with the facility of running water , grey-water flowing into a soak pit, izzatghar .
• "Overall the tableau confirmed the vision of the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi for water conservation and accessibility of quality water for all urging rural communities to work together so that water becomes a shared commitment and has to become "everyone’s business’.