Data on Police Organizations 2019-PIB-30-01-2020
• The Union Home Minister released the Data on Police Organizations 2019.
• The Data on Police Organizations is the flagship publication of the Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD).
• Data on Police Organizations (DoPO) is being released by the Bureau since 1986.
Highlights of the DoPO 2019:
• Out of the total sanctioned police force in the country, which is 25,95,435, there are vacancies to the tune of 5,28,165.
• The strength of women in the police forces in India is 8.98% of the total strength. This includes both civil and special armed forces.
• There has been a rise of 9.52% in the number of women in the forces compared to 2018.
• Population Per Police person (PPP):
• Police Population Ratio (Per Lakh) (PPR):
• Police Area Ratio (Per 100 Sq Km.) (PAR):
• There are a total of 16,587 police stations in the country, while the sanctioned number is marginally higher at 16,671.