International Film Festival of India (IFFI)-PIB-03-02-2020
• The Golden Jubilee edition of the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) began in Panaji, Goa. Actors Amitabh Bachchan and Rajinikanth inaugurated the IFFI.
• The International Film Festival of India (IFFI), founded in 1952, is one of the most significant film festivals in Asia.
• It is Held annually, currently in the state of Goa. Since 2004, starting from the 35th edition, the International Film Festival of India, became globally competitive, and moved to its permanent venue Goa, and is being held during the months of November and December of each year.
• The festival is conducted jointly by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Directorate of Film Festivals and the Government of Goa.
• During the festival, ICFT-UNESCO Gandhi Medal, instituted by the International Council for Film & Television, Paris and UNESCO will be given to a film that portrays the Gandhian values of peace and harmony.
• At the end of the festival, Golden peacock award will be awarded to the best film.• Actor Rajnikanth received the ICON of the Golden Jubilee Award at IFFI 2019. IFFI Lifetime Achievement Award, the festival’s highest honour, was presented to French actor Isabelle Huppert.