APEDA-CFTRI Sign MoU-PIB-04-02-2020
Mains Paper 2: National
Prelims level : APEDA-CFTRI
Mains level : Mou between APEDA-CFTRI
• A memorandum of understanding (MoU) was signed by CSIR-CFTRI with APEDA to set up a Liaison Office in Guwahati, Assam to provide technical support to the food industries in the North East region.
• It will benefit the farmers, producers and entrepreneurs.
• APEDA has undertaken many promotional activities recently to bring the North East states of India on to the export map.
• In 2019 five international buyer seller meets were organised by APEDA in Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim to showcase the potential of agriculture/ horticulture and processed food products including organic produce to open the export window from the North Eastern States.
• Capacity building is another such area where APEDA is keenly focusing to hand-hold the new exporters from the North East region.
• APEDA has also organised specific outreach programmes and training on export process for the stakeholders from the North East region.
• It has been in the forefront for generating quality human resource for the development of food industry.