Global Go To Think Tank Index-INDIAN EXPRESS-04-02-2020
Centre for Science and Environment (CSE) was placed No. 16 among 2019’s ‘top environment policy think tanks’ of the world in Global Go To Think Tank Index.
• University of Pennsylvania releases the Index.
• Stated Since 2008
• It evaluates public-policy research analysis and engagement organisations that generate policy-oriented research, analysis, and advice on domestic and international issues.
• It claims to enable policy makers and the public to make informed decisions on public policy.
• The 2020 report raised some critical threats and opportunities that think tanks across the globe face.
• It called upon such organisations to develop national, regional, and global partnerships and create new, innovative platforms to deliver for an ever-expanding audience of citizens, policy makers and businesses.
• CSE improved its rank from the previous report.
• The organisation also moved up three places among ‘best independent think tanks’ to be at No.123 in the world and sixth among Indian think tanks.
• Globally, it was ranked 41 of 60 organisations committed to energy and resource policy. It remained at No.58 among organisations working on science and technology policy in the world — fifth in India.