Full Body Protector- THE HINDU-07-03-2020
• Dr Shweta Rawat from Defence Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences (DIPAS), DRDO, Timarpur, Delhi has developed a female-specific.
• Full Body Protector to safeguard the Female troops deployed in riot control actions.
• This gear has been developed in collaboration with the Rapid Action Force using the ergonomic design principle based on anthropometric dimensions specific for female troops.
• The full Body Protector has unique properties, including anti-stab, anti-puncture, flame retardant and acid resistance.
• It is designed to assure greater comfort and flexibility to the women forces while deployed in law and order maintenance duties.
• This has led to the incubation of the start-up Nano DX Healthcare Pvt. She is pursuing unconventional approaches to design novel bio-systems for medical diagnosis, drug delivery, and biomaterials fabrication on a chip.