Election Commission of India unveils Roadmap for revamp-THE HINDU-12-03-2020
• Issuing electronic versions of the voter ID card EPIC for convenience of voters;
• Replacing all the forms for various voter services, including registration of new voter and change of address, with one single form;
• Exploring new voting methods which remains secure and safe to ease and improve the electoral participation;
• Capping the campaign expenditure of political parties;
• Starting online registration facilities at the school or college-level for all prospective voters at 17 years of age, so they can be enrolled in the electoral roll as soon as they become eligible at 18; and
• Imposing a “silence period of 48 hours” before polling on social media and print media.